Coaching for Performance Improvement
Length: 1 Day
- dentification Process
- Performance Condition Process
- Solution Process
Steps 1-6 of the interview format clarify the condition of poor performance.
- Frame the meeting.
- Identify strength.
- Link the strength to change.
- Specify the poor performance.
- Listen to the employee viewpoint.
- State the consequences of no change in the performance.
- Specify the desired performance.
- Arrive at a “How to” agreement.
- State the benefits of the desired behavior.
- Establish a follow-‐up to review the employee’s performance.
Steps 7-10 develop the solution to the problem.